Social Media Specialist
48 Welland Street, St. John’s, NL, A1E 6C1
Reflective Marketing is a growing social media marketing agency in St. John’s, Newfoundland. We help local businesses and residential contracting companies generate more potential customers and grow their businesses. Client industries include home building, HVAC, non-profit, consulting, health and wellness, coaching, tourism, and food services in Canada and the United States.
Our team is excited to expand, and we hope you’re up to the challenge of growing our agency with us!
This Role Is Right For You If:
- You’re a compelling writer with superb spelling and grammar;
- You can get behind a brand to understand its strengths and weaknesses, and you love to figure out how to best communicate that business to the right audience;
- You have an eye for visuals and a knack for creative content;
- You are incredibly organized and detail-oriented;
- You’re known for getting things done and having a high standard of work;
- Ultimately, you love making people happy and you’ll take care of our clients as if their businesses were your own.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
What Your Role Looks Like:
As a Social Media Specialist, you’ll be equal parts behind-the-scenes creative genius, and front-and-centre working with our clients.
- Working closely with our clients to understand their businesses and help them achieve their goals. This includes weekly (and sometimes daily) coordination via email, phone, and in-person meetings;
- Managing project timelines, tasks, budgets, and goals;
- Explaining technical and strategic details to clients;
- Reporting on KPIs using tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc. to ensure objectives are met;
- Researching, developing, and implementing a digital marketing strategy for clients;
- Creating and scheduling social media posts and email campaigns for a variety of clients;
- Writing email marketing campaigns and other lead nurturing content (whitepapers, blog posts, etc);
- Assisting with creating and delivering social media training;
- Monitoring conversations and engaging with social media users on platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Ensuring all online communications are on-brand and follow the overall marketing strategy;
- Exploring new trends and keeping on top of the latest online marketing news and tools;
- Collaborating with our internal team of social media experts, as well as valued partners in our field.
Preferred Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada.
*You must live in Canada to be considered for this position.
What You’ve Got To Offer:
- Post-secondary degree in business, communications, or similar education or experience
- Clear communicator;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and attention-to-detail, so much so that you’ll include the word sandwiches in your cover letter;
- Passion for marketing and small business;
- Work experience in a client-facing marketing role;
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment;
- Strong work ethic.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Paid advertising experience;
- Copywriting experience;
- Experience using Google Analytics, HeyOrca, Google AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, or any other relevant marketing software/applications.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive wage;
- 15 vacation days annually, plus Christmas holidays off (we love when you’re happy and refreshed!);
- Relaxed work environment;
- Flexible schedule and location (#WFH if you like!);
- Professional development opportunities, including access to some of the top social media training programs in the world;
- Health spending account;
- Team lunches, snacks (did I say we like food?), and events 🎉
Please submit a resume and a cover letter here via Fitzii. Only applications submitted through our platform will be considered.
Interviews and hiring is anticipated for September.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.